Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Polytheistic Bible

Some of you may be familiar with the John 1:1, which in most bibles is proof that Jesus is Emmanuel or "God with us". It reads "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God." The JW's bible reads "In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." Reads almost the same except their version reads, "the word was a god" instead of "the word was God". Their bible is saying that the Word is a second god, and a lesser one since they use a lower case.

If you continue reading verse 2-3 in their bible, "This one was in [the] beginning with God. All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence." These first three scriptures are referring to the Word, this other god according to their bible. So, according to the JW bible, all things came into existence through this lesser god and nothing came into existence apart from him.

Now who is the Word referring to? Let's go to verse 14, again from the JWs bible, "14 So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth." The Word refers to Jesus, just as it does in Christian bible. So according to their bible, Jehovah is God, Jesus is a lesser god, and all things came into existence through Jesus.

The problem here is this is goes against scripture. In Isaiah 43:1o it says "You are my witnesses' says the Lord, "And my servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after me." In the JWs bible, " “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none."

In Isaiah 44:8 it says, "Do not fear, nor be afraid, have I not told you from that time, and declared it? You are my witnesses. Is there a god besides Me? Indeed there is no other Rock: I know not one." In the JW's Bible, " Do not be in dread, YOU people, and do not become stupefied. Have I not from that time on caused you individually to hear and told [it] out? And YOU are my witnesses. Does there exist a God besides me? No, there is no Rock. I have recognized none."

Frome these verses, we have not only proven Mormonism to be wrong, we have shown a major flaw in the JW's Bible. The book of John, written by the apostle John (all of them Jewish), would be familiar with this and would not have written a verse calling Jesus a god, implying that he is a god seperate from God. However, it does fit with the traditional Christian bible and belief of The Word, and God, being one and all things coming into existence through Him."

I welcome any and all comments, even from JW's.Publish Post

1 comment:

  1. I realize that this is an old blog, but just wanted to say thanks for the work you've put into it. We live nearby some JWs, and I am praying for more opportunities to lovingly share Christ as the Way, Truth, and the Life.

    ReplyDelete